« Home | Road to Calfornia » | Status Quo » | Expect Light Blogging » | Cookin-Con: Viva da Pot Roast » | Can I Nuke Adelphia? » | Tournament of Roses: We're Getting Ready for a Par... » | Mary Lu's Kick Ass Chicken Soup - Part 2 » | New Years Resolutions » | ChickenSoup MaryLu Style » | Welcome and What's Up » 

Thursday, January 19, 2006 

Request for Help - Keycap broken



Drat! Last night I was typing away, and all of a sudden my Q key came loose from the board on my old Omnibook 4100. It had happened before, but normally it just meant the key had become unhooked from the board. So I set it aside until this morning when I could see it in the light of day, and gather the tools to put the little sucker back on the board.

So this morning, after having my coffee I started checking out the key-- everything was intact. So I proceeded to carefully attach the pins back to the board, when all of a sudden the connectors broke.

Anyone have a clue where I can get a replacement? Buying a new notebook at the moment isn't in the budget. Email me or put it in the comments please!

Hello!
I came across your blog and noticed the question about the busted keycap. While I don't have a definitive answer, I can only offer the following site, as a possibility:

http://www.sparepartswarehouse.com/vendor-devicetype-partcategory.aspx?devicetype=0&partcat=keyboards&vendor=hp&partcatid=140868

I think that you're not likely to fix the single key, so this might be an affordable answer for you.

I certainly wish you luck and a quick recovery on your keycap problem!

Have a good day,
Ozmasgirl
[sidius@mac.com]

Post a Comment