« Home | Status Quo » | Expect Light Blogging » | Cookin-Con: Viva da Pot Roast » | Can I Nuke Adelphia? » | Tournament of Roses: We're Getting Ready for a Par... » | Mary Lu's Kick Ass Chicken Soup - Part 2 » | New Years Resolutions » | ChickenSoup MaryLu Style » | Welcome and What's Up » | Merry Christmas-Happy Hanukkah-Happy New Year » 

Thursday, January 19, 2006 

Road to Calfornia


Thursday morning, the Road to California Quilt Show starts in Ontario, CA at the Ontario Convention Center. I will be there, come hell or high water.

(Cassandra Williams Port Mansfield, TX Quilt, pictured left, Won the Judges' Special Merit! Congradulations! )

Every year I go to a few choice quilt shows, to visit with friends and associates. Since "Road" is so close to home, I always go. This year I need to catch up with several friends. I need to get together with Julie and bring her Christmas present. And then meet with Sandy to pick up my annual stash of Indigo fabrics. (Hint: Should you ever wish to be on my good side for life, send me real indigo fabric.)

I'm going to pick up some interfacing to finally start working on the Geek Quilt of that trunk of computer T-shirts for Doug. I've made them for other people but never him. Most of the ones I've seen aren't nearly as nice as the ones I've made for the cousins and kids.

Pictures and stories to follow. Dr. D's in charge of Mom this weekend.