« Home | Women's Short Program Results » | Valentine's Day - Question Tivo or HD Video Recorder? » | Michelle Comments Continue » | Results and Comments Olympic Pairs » | The Rink Rumormill » | Scott Baird is Oldest Olympian and a Curling Guru » | Salt Lake City Pairs Judge Wins Case » | Michelle says No to NBC - Pressure moves to Sasha ... » | Who designed the Medals? » | Michelle Kwan: A Class Act and Real Champion » 

Monday, March 06, 2006 

Catch-up

The Devil's in the details, and recently he must have decided I should dance with him... and so this is why you haven't heard from me here.

Short Version to follow here:

1. During the Winter Olympics my computer acted up and we could talk about the countless hours trying to get the machine back on track-- but let's not. God knows everyone who has used a computer for over 10 years, has had these moments, so let's not re-live it again, shall we? 'Nuff said.

2. Because of the above problem, my Olympic Figure Skating Reports, did not get posted. I did write them. When I finally dig out of this mess, I'll post them. Late yes. But I will post them. Promise.

3. Then when I thought things were going to get better, I noticed the refrigerator was beginning to make a noise that sounded like bacon sizzling on a grill. Not good. Upon checking it appeared the compressor was finally was giving up the ghost-- I had known this was coming, but had hoped we'd make it until April. No luck. I had to stop everything, unload the food, and move some of it to the Dr D's Mother's house, and start looking for another one. Oh joy! I just wanted to go shopping for a new major appliance this month... The new one gets delivered this week. More about the adventures in appliance shopping soon.

4. And finally on Valentine's Day, Teddy our 16 yr old Black Lab passed away. His absence is immense. Andy our 4 yr old Schnauzer taking it pretty hard, and we're having to spend a lot of time comforting him.

5. And so much more... We'll start catching up tomorrow.